On 8/7/23 11:04, Giovane C. M. Moura via NANOG wrote:

TL;DR: I'd guess your NTP Server IP address is geolocated to Mauritius. The Mauritius zone[0] on the pool has only one server, so you'll only see this one. To fix it, use europe.pool.ntp.org (_do not_ use pool.ntp.org).

So the Anycast address our devices use internally to find the closest NTP server is geo-mapped to MU. However, the physical server is geo-mapped to the specific countries in Europe, e.g., GB, NL, FR, DE, e.t.c.

Unless the geo data ntp.org are using is inconsistent, I'd imagine the servers should be mapped to a European pool, since the physical address from which the server queries the pool is geo-mapped locally, for this specific reason.

Mark.