What are other last mile ISPs doing to measure the quality of their
connections? We all know pinging various destinations. We also all know that
pinging a destination doesn't necessarily tell you the whole quality story.

I currently have Smokeping pulling the HTTPS for about 20 - 25 of the "top"
websites, per the old Alexa rankings. I feel as though I could be doing more. I
am more closely wanting to emulate the end-user experience in a repeatable,
quantifiable fashion. I'd like to do A/B comparisons as well. When I make X
change, how does it change?

If I'm already doing the low-hanging fruit path, then so be it.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange