On 8/17/23 1:08 AM, Eric Kuhnke wrote:
It's my understanding that the Hawaiian ILEC is now owned by Cincinnati Bell, which is also a unique historical artifact, as it was its own independent corporation/operating entity in the region of Cincinnati during the era of the pre-1984 Bell system.

Yes, HT was bought by Cin Bell. CB was then bought by an out of country company and are changing their name to altafiber.

scott

Somewhat like how GTE was independent in other places in the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Bell <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Bell>

Some of the Hawaii ILEC structures I have seen photos of in other non-fire-affected places and other islands have a resemblance to designs that were built by BCTel, the ILEC in British Columbia, at the time when GTE was a shareholder in BCTel.

On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 10:50 AM Jay Hennigan <j...@west.net <mailto:j...@west.net>> wrote:

    On 8/16/23 09:32, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

     > Well, it sounds like the historical Bell System attitude has
    transitioned
     > forwards to ... newer transport.  Good.

    Legacy GTE in this case, but agreed.

     > Best of luck to you all, out there.