On 9/20/23 17:09, Bryan Holloway wrote:

Ah, the good old days when I could download the latest tac_plus code from the Cisco FTP site, compile it, and off I go.

But I digress.

Curious if there are any operators out there that have a good recommendation on a lightweight TACACS+ server for ~200 NEs and access-control for 20-30 folks. Nothing too special, but some sort of simple command-control auth would be nice.

Open-source is fine ... we've been looking at commercial options, but they're all pretty pricey and have way more features than we need.

Thank you all in advance!

[root@host /home/tinka]# cd /usr/ports/net/tac
tac_plus4/ tacacs/
[root@host /home/tinka]#

They work just fine.

These are on FreeBSD, but I am sure they will compile on Linux too.

Mark.