On 10/2/23 20:44, Tim Franklin wrote:

Had NOT considered the looping - that's what you get for writing in public without thinking it all the way through *blush*.

Thanks for poking holes appropriately,

Like I said, it's going to be a messy experiment - for probably a decade, at least.

As Saku has highlighted as well, vendors are likely to find a lot of sludge in this experiment that they will never be able to share with us... likely because it will be too complicated for us to understand in a coherent way, or likely because the experiment changes so rapidly it makes no sense to tell us about issues which will quickly become obsolete.

Many lessons will be learned, but ultimately, one would be naive to think this black box will just work.

All I want is a "set routing-options fib-compression disable" present for Christmas.

Mark.