Depending on the network size, an IX or PNI are typically more
beneficial as you'll gain access to a larger footprint of different Akamai
deployments types.

Akamai continues to support an open peering policy at Internet Exchanges,
so please reach out to peering-...@akamai.com and a member of the team
would be glad to assist you.

All the best,
/sjs