From: Eric Kuhnke <eric.kuh...@gmail.com>
To: goe...@sasami.anime.net
Cc: NANOG list <nanog@nanog.org>
Subject: Re: .US Harbors Prolific Malicious Link Shortening Service
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:39:17 -0700

Not specific to .US really

Pretty much every new gTLD that can be registered on "promotional" first
year prices below .com/.net/.org harbors a large than usual proportion of
phishing domains and suspicious things, because one of the sole operational
criteria for phishers registering disposable domains that might have useful
lives of only hours or a few days, in bulk, is the cost per unit.

".us" is in much the same situation because I am seeing promotional prices
of $4.50 to $5 per domain for the first year.