From: "Jamie Chetta via NANOG" <nanog@nanog.org>
To: nanog@nanog.org
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2023 8:17:42 AM
Subject: Out of ideas - Comcast issue BGP peering with Tata

I am out of ideas on how to get this fixed. Long story short I am a customer of
Comcast and am advertising my own /24 block I own through them. Comcast of
course BGP peers with multiple ISPs. Other ISPs are accepting my prefix just
fine, except Tata. This is causing random destinations to drop connectivity if
Comcast routes it through them. Comcast has confirmed they are advertising my
block to Tata and that the RPKI is good, however when you check the Tata
looking glass you can see they’re not accepting it.

I’ve tried escalating within Comcast who refuses to contact Tata as they’ve
validated the issue is not on their end but they agree with my assessment that
Tata is not accepting the prefix for some reason.

I’ve tried multiple email for Tata support (below), but they all circle around
to a helpdesk who says I do not have a circuit with them so they cannot help
me.

Is there anyone from Tata willing to contact me off list to help sort this out?
Or anyone with ideas on specifically why other ISPs are accepting my route but
not Tata? It would be greatly appreciated.

Emails I’ve tried
Corporate Helpdesk corp.helpd...@tatacommunications.com
Tata Communications IP Service Support( AS-6453)
ipservicesupp...@tatacommunications.com
IPNOC (Tata Communications - AS6453) ip...@tatacommunications.com
l...@as6453.net

Response from Tata:
“ Acknowledge your email.

However, since you are not associated with TCL we would not be in a position to
help you on this.

Request you to contact comcast for the assistance that you are seeking from
us.”

Response from Comcast:
“ This was sent back to me as not us. Basically, it’s not a RADB or RPKI issue.
This is being accepted and re-advertised to TATA but not being accepted on
their end. But another route that we checked off of that same SUR is being
advertised the same way and accepted by them off pe12.350ecermak.il.ibone as an
example of the TATA looking glass. I would suggest that you would probably need
to work with other networks as to why those that are specific ones are not
accepting the block but as previously mentioned it’s not a RADB or RPKI issue
and as a result not a Comcast issue.”