On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 1:56 AM owen--- via NANOG <nanog@nanog.org> wrote:

> However, apparently ENT was a predecessor to that, I just hadn’t encountered
> it until now. I don’t recall even seeing it in the aisles at local HDs. I’ll
> have to look for it.

Apparently I spend more time roaming the aisles
of the big box home improvement supply stores
than you do (I am not proud of that, I just do(*)).
I have seen it, and all the associated connectors.
and alternatives, for years, although for various
reasons I prefer to use the local electrical supply
stores when possible to source items (yes, they
can be more expensive for some items, but they
can also supply items that only the pro's know
even exist,  so I prefer supporting stores that
have that deep competency and supply sourcing).

(*) I do not visit the local big box home
improvement stores more than once a month
or so, but whenever I do I also walk down the
aisles which include electrical items even if
I have zero reason to purchase any items
just to level-set me list of items they stock.