Christopher,

On Feb 13, 2024, at 4:14 PM, Christopher Hawker <ch...@thesysadmin.au> wrote:
> This is a second chance to purposefully ration out a finite resource.

Perhaps I’m overly cynical, but other than more players and _way_ more money,
the dynamics of [limited resource, unlimited demand] don’t appear to have
changed significantly from the first time around. However, I suspect the real
roadblock you’ll face in policy discussions (aside from the folks who make
their money leasing IPv4 addresses) is the argument that efforts to ration and
thereby extend the life of IPv4 will continue to distort the market and impede
the only useful signal to network operators regarding the costs of remaining
with IPv4 compared to supporting IPv6.  Good luck!

Regards,
-drc