Jeffrey Negro wrote:
> Yes my experience was the same on with Manage Engine.  Although, they do have
> an article buried in their archives that shows how to tweak the mysql and
> java memory settings on start of the app.  We found that helped a bit.  We
> were successfully using it for netflows from more than 100Mbps, so I would
> say it can handle a bit more than typical SMB traffic.
>
> I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but a good commercial product a former
> customer of mine used to use was Solarwinds Orion.

A bout of research a few years back turned up IBM Aurora
(http://www.zurich.ibm.com/aurora/), now sold as Tivoli/Netcool
(http://www-01.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/netcool-performance-flow/)
as a potential solution for high performance analysis, but IIRC, a
fairly hefty price tag applied based on traffic volume.  Looking at the
second URL, it is not clear, but looks like $10K + $200 per "resource
unit", whatever that maps out to be.  Definitely not on the same level
as the typical solutions.

Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mna...@willingminds.com>