thanks for the reply brian. :)

sorry for a bit lack on the info, I was thinking of using VRRP. but my
2 links are running on different interface-types isp1 runs via
ethernet while the other is on an ATM interface. I only have 1 router
that has an ATM interface. setting it to VRRP would cause me problems
if it was a physical failure. I have a small /24 to advertise on my
AS. I'll go and check on the "Performance Based Routing" you
recommend.

thanks,
-b