On 2010.06.07 18:10, Murphy, Jay, DOH wrote:
> Yes, the customer has an AS number, it's just from the private AS number
> block, e.g. AS 65000..when the block is routed to the AS running BGP, it is
> tagged with that ISP's public AS number, and announced to the world in this
> manner.

...but the OP stated that he doesn't do any BGP with either upstream,
and instead relies on the upstreams to statically route the block to
him. I was getting at the usage of private-AS in my last post. Perhaps
I'm mis-understanding something.

> Clarify, "transiting"?

The OP has two 'transit' providers, neither of which he has a BGP
session established. Both of his upstream ISPs provide transit for him
to the wider Internet.

> Do you mean one ISP acts as a transit routing domain for another, or for
> traffic that "traverses" this particular ISP, which one?

Traverses. ie. my upstream providers provide 'transit' services for
networks that I advertise to them, however, I don't allow any of my
peers to 'transit' my network.

Steve