On Jul 15, 2010, at 11:33 PM, Joe Greco wrote:

> Provided with a counterexample where this isn't true, you simply ignore it.

I've yet to see a counterexample involving a software-based edge router in a
realistic testbed environment being deliberately packeted in order to cause an
availability hit - apologies if I've missed one, mind.

> Your arguments revolve around "My Ford Pinto's gas tank once exploded on me
> and it happened to other people too, therefore all inexpensive cars have
> unsafe gas tanks."

Actually, it's more along the lines of, "I've seen multiple accidents involving
multiple brands/models of economy-class automobiles in which the passengers
were grievously-injured or worse, while also having observed passengers walking
away from similar accidents in similar circumstances involving heavier, more
sturdily-built vehicles."

Roland Dobbins <rdobb...@arbor.net> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken