On Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Tarig Yassin wrote:

And why not the ICCAN take this reponsibity as an International organization not USA government?

ICANN has no authority to tell sovereign nations how to run their IP connectivity.

jms

From: tariq198...@hotmail.com
To: nanog@nanog.org
Subject: Who controlls the Internet?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 20:24:27 +0300

Deal all

I want to show you some obstacles that some countries face them every day.

For example when users from Sudan trying to access some web site they will get
a *Forbidden Access Error* message.
And some messages say: you are forbidden to access this web site because your
IP address appears form country black listed due to USA government policy.

I would like to issue a question here, who controls this Internet?

Thanks

Tarig