On 10/20/2010 11:20 AM, John Curran wrote:
ARIN recognizes that such parties could use the specified
transfer policy to receive compensation despite being able
to return the space, but overall the community recommended
proceeding because the benefit to overall utilization was
deemed worthwhile.

Speaking of which, has any research been done on determining the likelihood that PE pools (which probably consist of a huge number of blocks) will be returned as IPv6 is adopted at the edge?

I'm curious, as I suspect that the second I have no choice but to put a single customer as v6 only using nat64, at that point, I might as well convert all customers so that troubleshooting problems is uniform and reduce the support costs.

Of course, I'm still waiting on decent equipment that will handle this mass transition, but luckily I'm not to that point yet. Returns like this buy us time before the real hard choices come into play (which gives vendors and ISPs time for development).

Jack