On 1/15/11 3:24 PM, Brandon Ross wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, Owen DeLong wrote:

I really doubt this will be the case in IPv6.
I really hope you are right, because I don't want to see that either, however...

Why do you suppose they did that before with IPv4? Sure you can make the argument NOW that v4 is in scarce supply, but 10 years ago it was still the case.

Has Comcast actually come out and committed to allowing me to have as my IPs as I want on a consumer connection in the most basic, cheapest package? Has any other major provider?
As a customer of Comcast, you can set up a tunnel to he.net and obtain your own prefix which then enables 18 x 10^18 IP addresses at no additional cost. See: http://tunnelbroker.net/ and http://www.comcast6.net/

-Doug