Bill Stewart wrote:
Rotating shifts between daytime and nighttime is a horrible thing to
do to your workers, both for their health and their attention span.

I Fully agree.

I think it may pay off to search for people who suffer "Delayed sleep phase syndrome" to do night shift. They'll be happy and you'll actually have someone who is more awake and alert than the average person at that time of day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome

I think the IT world has a more than average incidence of people with this particular syndrome, at least in my experience.

Of course in practice you would want to word your vacancy in such a way it doesn't sound silly. But I think it could be worth it to put an emphasis on it.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/