On 4/29/2011 8:57 PM, Robert Bonomi wrote:
Those royalties are based on the_actual_number_  of persons
tuning in to each such work.  No 'averaging', no 'estimating', nothing
based on 'ratings', or other 'sampling techniques -- you have to count
the_actual_number_  of people tuned in.  It gets messy, but you have to
have 'auditable' records of when each person 'tuned in', and when they
'tuned out'.  One_has_  to be able to detect the latter condition under
all possible circumstances.

Really? How do they detect the number of people that were gathered around my screen while I was watching? Does that mean I'll be able to get a refund (pro-rated of course) for falling asleep during UFC 129 this weekend?

--
Dave