On 8/19/2011 7:56 AM, Jason LeBlanc wrote:
This is why I love my mom and pop DSL provider, I can call and get someone who speaks packets and listens and understands. I may not have the speed some cable providers offer (if you actually get it..) but it is reliable and I can get resolution quickly. Short of that, tether the laptop to my phone can get my by in a pinch.

Jason

It's one of the things I appreciate about the ISP I use at work being local. Their first line are rarely that technical, do a great job of quickly and painlessly filtering out users with basic problems, and quickly escalate. If needs be I have a direct phone number for the CEO and founder of the company, someone who is CCIE qualified.