Hello,

If you are able to read french, there are useful informations :

the fai-locaux mailing list archives :
https://lists.fdn.fr/wws

A series of posts on this blog :
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/06/09/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-1-la-theorie/
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/06/10/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-2-la-base/
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/06/15/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-3-interconnexion/
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/08/02/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-4-administratif/
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/08/09/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-5-le-tres-haut-debit/
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/08/14/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-6-cas-pratique/
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/08/17/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-7-securite/
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/08/17/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-8-services/
http://blog.spyou.org/wordpress-mu/2010/08/19/comment-devenir-son-propre-fai-9-cas-concret/

Some informations are france-specific (in regards of law, etc...), but it can be useful. A lot of informations about ISP creation has been discussed lately, because FDN, a french association that is the oldest ISP still active in france, decided to create (with other associations) a "federation" to help the creation of new associative isps. You can see the FDN website (http://www.fdn.fr/)