On 09/22/2011 05:37 AM, Pierce Lynch wrote:
Andreas Echavez [mailto:andr...@livejournalinc.com] originally wrote:
Ultimately, the network is as reliable as you build it. With software, it's
much cheaper to divide and scale horizontally. Hardware devices are expensive
and usually horizontal
scalability never happens. So in reality, an enterprise blows 100k on two routers, they
both flop because of some "firmware bug", and you're down.
With this in mind, I am keen to understand how many implementations of packages
such as Quagga and Zebra that the group use. With the likes of Vyatta being
discussed, I am keen to see if products such as Quagga as still regularly used
as it used to be.

I think that the original/upstream versions are out of date as compared to the one maintained by Vyatta. Or Google (for their MPLS processing needs). See http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog50/abstracts.php?pt=MTYzNSZuYW5vZzUw&nm=nanog50 <http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog50/abstracts.php?pt=MTYzNSZuYW5vZzUw&nm=nanog50>

Thoughts welcome!

Kind regards,

/P.