On Oct 19, 2011, at 3:13 PM, <samuel.cunning...@wellsfargo.com>
<samuel.cunning...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

> We are considering using Prolexic to 'defend' our Internet-facing network
> from DDOS attacks.  Anyone have any known issues or word of warnings before
> we proceed?

They say that "When an attack is detected, our protection services are
implemented within minutes.
Upon activation, a Prolexic customer routes in-bound traffic to the nearest
Prolexic scrubbing center
where proprietary-filtering techniques, advanced routing, and patent-pending
hardware devices
remove bot traffic close to the source."

You may want to ask them how near is "nearest" before you proceed. If their
sensor is too far from your
systems, simply sending all that traffic to the scrubbing center could be
overkill. The last phrase suggests
they use sink holing, though.

--
PacketDam: a cost-effective