Hi,

While anycast RP is better (redundancy is faster), it's not necessary: you can
just use PIM-SM with BSR & 2 RPs with hash-mask distribution for the layer 3
redundancy.

By design, igmp snooping forwards all multicast traffic to mrouter ports (that
is, all router interfaces with pim activated), so to stop useless traffic
between the routers, it will be necessary to do something at the layer 2 level;
you can remove some of this by using something like cisco's ip pim snooping
dr-flood on the layer 2 part (on the receiving vlans).

regards,
Olivier