verisign, who used to own geotrust (who owns rapidssl) was sold
to symantec last year.  or some similar swapping of chain links.

anyway, for some, the symantec umbrella might be a polarizing factor.

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York