On 01/12/2012 03:51 PM, chaim.rie...@gmail.com wrote:
On 1/12/2012 4:43 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Paul Stewart<p...@paulstewart.org> wrote:

Today, we manually do YUM updates to all the CentOS servers . just an
example but a good one. I have heard there are some open source solutions
similar to that of Red Hat Network?

Something to think about before attempting to centrally manage, your
systems actually have to be centrally manageable -- that doesn't happen
automatically and requires extra work.

this is why i never update. i would rather build a new image and deploy it to the thousands of servers than worry about updates. be it an openssh security notice, or new ntp configuration, for me it is easier to rebuild servers than update config files.

.. you never update? How frequently do you rebuild your entire server stack, weekly?

Paul