On 1/26/2012 9:24 AM, valdis.kletni...@vt.edu wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:07:19 EST, Lamar Owen said:

What's interesting here is that this is the third book I've seen on Amazon
where the used price is higher than the new;

Off-topic, but this usually happens when the book has a "new" price listed, but
is in fact unavailable/out-of-print. So it would be $34.95 if there were new
copies
to be had....

This is correct. I collect certain old books. For a real shocker, take a look at this slim volume on quantitative analysis and the stock market.

http://www.amazon.com/Beat-Market-Scientific-Stock-System/dp/0394424395/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327599598&sr=1-3

The used copies range from a few hundred to a significant amount, and the collectible ones (including a signed first edition) top out at $2,495.00 (anyone who likes is welcome to purchase that signed first edition and send it to me as a gift).

I really wish they would just reissue the book. I'd buy it. It doesn't even need updating (I'd prefer that it wasn't). It could be a celebration of the 35th year since its publication.

Sometimes a paper book is better (the wiring book is another excellent example).

--

Gambling is tax for people that can't do math.
       Agent X