On 1/27/12 7:52 AM, Ray Soucy wrote:
> This is already very normal (tens of millions of people doing this).
>
> World of Warcraft, RIFT, and Star Wars: The Old Republic, etc. are all
> around 20G of downloads.  Sure they have boxed versions, but after you
> install them they need another 10G of patches to download (looking at you,
> Blizzard).
>
> The majority of players buy the digital download (instant gratification).

Well, I can tell you from my experience using AT&T at home that there is
no such thing as instant gratification with digital downloads of large
games. ;)

If I start something in the morning it will probably be done by the time
I get back from the office. Even if I buy a box set these days it's more
likely just a serial number carrier than not, which is a waste of time
for side trip to a store through rush hour traffic on the way home.

~Seth