On 3/14/2012 9:00 PM, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
Christopher Morrow<morrowc.li...@gmail.com>  writes:

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Robert E. Seastrom<r...@seastrom.com>  wrote:
Faisal Imtiaz<fai...@snappydsl.net>  writes:

I am not familiar with VZ's FIOS network...
however I suspect that if they are using a Redback at the Headend, it
would allow you to have a 'bridge' network with secure arp
settings. (it's a feature that we have seen on Redback's...)
AFAIK Verizon does not use Redback/Ericsson stuff for FIOS and never has.

A cursory survey of two (older, BPON, Tellabs) builds found ethernet
OUI 00:90:1a, i.e. Juniper ERX.
yes, all edge boxes for FIOS are ERX... better support for CALEA there
was one of the major drivers.
So it was _one_ of the drivers, but was it a more major driver than
"for the love of God, not Redback!"?  :)

the last I knew, Verizon was an Alcatel house for switching and Alcatel managed to get tcp/ip into their switching gear. so I'm left to wonder.

--C