> Mike Lyon <mike.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Seth Mattinen <se...@rollernet.us> wrote:
> > On 9/28/12 11:08 AM, Joe Maimon wrote:
> > > Just got told by a Lightpath person that in order to do BGP on a
> > > customer gig circuit to them they would need a visio diagram (of what I
> > > dont know).
> > >
> > > Has anybody else seen this brain damage?
> >
> > Hand draw two squares, label them "our AS" and "your AS" with a line
> > between them labeled "GigE". Bonus points for pencil.
> >

> And super duper bonus points is you draw pigeons carrying packets between
> the two blocks and stating that you are RFC 1149 compliant.

No, no, *NO*!!

The proper approach is to ask the vendor for RFC 1149 trasport for the BGP
session, and whether it terminates in a shared cage, or if a fully private
one is required.  Including an 'envionmental impact statement'.  Explaining
that this info is required in order to produce an accurate Visio diagram.