On Apr 30, 2013, at 10:07 PM, Chris Boyd wrote:

> 3 - Deliver all packets unless I've signed up for an enhanced security
> offering?

Even if said packets from an obviously compromised server on a high-speed link
are attack packets causing problems for the ISP itself as well as for its
customers?

Trust me, large transit ISPs don't *want* to be in the blackholing business.
They only do so when they're forced into it by necessity (operational, legal,
regulatory).

Also note that in the case of the server(s) you can't access, they may well be
on shared hosting with thousands of sites/accounts on a single IP, one or more
of which may be compromised.

Roland Dobbins <rdobb...@arbor.net> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>

          Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

                       -- John Milton