> Ding ding ding!  And that's why honest IXPs graph both, to show that
> they have no packet loss on their inter-switch links.

It depends on what is being measured. At TorIX we'll see deviations between in/out on our aggregate graph. As we combine all peer ports to form the aggregate graph, any large deviations are almost always due to peers who have reached capacity limits on their port (which is not always port speed, btw, always include their transport behind the port). Another common reason is the difference in measurement times across all ports.

http://www.torix.ca/stats.php

-- Stephen