On 26 Mar 2014, at 11:26 AM, Joseph M. Owino <jpm...@tespok.co.ke> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently changed my monitoring server and would like to know how someone
> can export MRTG data so that there are no breaks in the graph data?

If you went between architectures (32bit and 64bit), you’ll need to `rrdtool
dump`, and implement a bit of batching. Other than that, you should just be
able to transfer the RRAs as is. Transfer them a couple of hundred at a time,
or as fast as you can manage within the limits of your disk IOPS, and then just
have it timed to run between your updates. Took me a shell 3-liner to move 15k
RRAs about 2 years ago.

-J