On 3/26/2014 12:55 PM, Luke S. Crawford wrote:

However, DHCPv6 isn't anywhere near as useful for me, as someone who normally deals with IPs that don't change, as DHCPv4 is.

My favorite is the RA thing. Years ago I decided that stupid DSLAMs were better than smart ones, so I generally utilize 1 vlan per customer with q-in-q and let the router handle all security. This meant I didn't have the usual breakage smart DSLAMs had with IPv6. Ideally, the router would run passive and not send regular RA updates. However, that isn't always viable with all clients. Sending out regular announcements and replicating them to all the vlans is extremely inefficient.

Jack