The generally accepted and scalable way to accomplish this is to advertise your
freshness preferences using the SOA record of your domain.  It would be pretty
tricky to make this work with a swivel chair type system for every domain and
host on the internet.  You would have to contact every user and ask them to
invalidate the caches, after asking their recursing server operator to do the
same.

-Laszlo