On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 1:08 PM, George William Herbert
<george.herb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2014, at 9:10 PM, "Dobbins, Roland" <rdobb...@arbor.net> wrote:
> I don't know where you find ideas like this.
>
> There are stateful firewalls in the security packages in front of all the
> internet facing servers in all the major service providers I've worked at.
> Not *just* stateful firewalls, but they're in there.
> That one company is trying something different does not mean there isn't
> widespread standardized use of the technology.

There is not widespread use of stateful firewall units with the
stateful element as a single point of failure in front of large public
web farms.

This is different from  "security package software" on individual web servers.

There is plenty of one-off usage in small web farms, where DDoS is not
a concern.

--
-JH