On 10/04/2014 11:47 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

A copycat AP is unquestionably hostile, and likely interfering with users,
but I'm unconvinced that the hostility triggers a privilege to attack it
under part 15 rules. In addition to not being allowed to interfere, we also
have:
You're not attacking it, per se; you are defensively disconnecting from
it *users who are part of your own network*; these are endpoints *you are
administratively allowed to exert control over*, from my viewpoint.

The problem is that there's really no such thing as a "copycat" if the client doesn't have the means of authenticating the destination. If that's really the requirement, people should start bitching to ieee to get destination auth on ap's instead of blatantly asserting
that somebody owns a particular ssid because, well, because.

Mike