valdis.kletni...@vt.edu wrote:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:44:57 +0900, Randy Bush said:
systemd is insanity.  one would have hoped that deb and others would
know better.  sigh.
It started as a replacement init system.  I suspected it had jumped
the shark when it sprouted an entirely new DHCP and NTP service.  And this
was confirmed when I saw this:

"Leading up to this has been cursor rendering support, keyboard mapping
support, screen renderer, DRM back-end, input interface, and dozens of other
commits."

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTgwNzQ

When your init system is worrying about cursor rendering, you have truly
fallen victim to severe feature bloat.  I guess Jamie Zawinski was right:
"Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail."

Actually - this kind of sums it all up:
http://www.muylinux.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/funny-systemd.gif
Good for a morning laugh.

Miles Fidelman