On 10/21/2014 01:33 PM, Sandra Murphy wrote:
On Oct 21, 2014, at 11:08 AM, David Conrad <d...@virtualized.org> wrote:

On Oct 20, 2014, at 10:18 PM, Barry Shein <b...@world.std.com> wrote:
Not that anyone is looking for a solution but I suppose one possible
solution would be to use the two-letter cctld then gov like
parliament.uk.gov or parliament.ca.gov etc.

No doubt there would be some collisions but probably not too serious.
Folks outside of the US have issues with the US government having a role in the
administration of the root, even if that role is to ensure ICANN does screw the
pooch.
I'm thinking there's a "not" missing here.

--Sandy

Depends on whether we're talking about the nominal or effective role of government... ;)

- Peter