On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Stephen Satchell <l...@satchell.net>
wrote:

> Oh, and I hate binary logs.  Period.  If you can't stand plain text,
> then try XML.  At least humans have a *chance* to read it without having
> to make fancy reader tools.

Completely agree on this point--but I fail
to see why it has to be one or the other?
Why can't systemd have a --text flag to
tell it to output in ascii text mode for those
of us who prefer it that way?

The appeal to Unix versus Windows/MacOS
for me was that Unix variants believed in choice
and flexibility; I find it odd to see that idea
falling out of fashion now.  It would seem like
the systemd developers could reduce a lot
of resistance simply by adding the option
to emit output as text logs instead of binary
logs for us Crusty Old Farts(tm).

Matt