On Nov 23, 2014, at 8:51 PM, Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:

> and what tasty things did the hijacker's web site serve?

Firefox on my Mac started acting very strangely after encountering one of the
'unresponsive' versions of craigslist.ca.  Apparent browser hangs, javascript
script timeouts, and odd things related to the browser history.

I restored ~/Library/Application\ Support/Firefox from a Time Machine snapshot
taken just before the Craigslist hack, and all appears fine now.

I have to diff between the two versions of that directory before I claim the
website hack had anything to do with it, but for now Mac Firefox users might
want to be wary ...

(Note: Mac OS 10.9.5 and Firefox 33.1 are what I was running.)

--lyndon