On 12/29/2014 11:35, Brett Frankenberger wrote:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 12:27:04PM -0500, Jay Ashworth wrote:

Valdis, you are correct. What your seeing is caused by multiple IP
blocks being assigned to the same CMTS interface.

Am I incorrect, though, in believing that ARP packets should only be visible
within a broadcast domain,

broadcast domain != subnet

It surprises me that in this day and age, in a forum like this that has an active thread about kids being taught archaic concepts, we see language like "broadcast domain != subnet" and a perceived need to explain it.

[no longer germane material deleted to reduce excess baggage charges]

int ethernet 0/0
   ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.0.0
   ip address 11.0.0.1 255.255.0.0 secondary
   ip address 12.0.0.1 255.255.0.0 secondary

The broadcast domain will have ARP broadcasts for all three subnets.

This are not "subnets"! They are IP addresses in three different IP networks.

Doing it over a CMTS doesn't change that.

Communication here perceived as hostile is apologized-for.

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes