I’ve never gotten AT&T to respond to issues, including the fact the device eats
the SIP packets, and some types of SIP packets can actually cause their device
to reboot as well.

It’s been a few years now since I really chased this down, but beware all of
these ‘helpers’, including the Cisco SIP-ALG are broken.  It’s more damage
introduced by these CPE devices (like broken DNS proxies, etc).

- Jared