Cogent has been very good in my experience.  They have some issues they need to
work out, but are pretty solid.  We have had some issues where they have said
they are doing maintenance on such and such night and it comes a day early.  We
have also seen some routing weirdness when it comes to route selection.

Ive had a connection, server, something on Cogent for about 12 years now.  I
started with a server in Chicago at the Board of Trade building.  At that time
Cogent was the home of cheap web-hosts, ware, and porn.  I remember a year or
so after I had that server the big folks like ATT and some others de-peered
with Cogent.  Many of the web-sites I was hosting were simply not reachable for
a few days from a big majority of the Internet.  I think the sheer amount of
web-sites and content convinced the big folks to bring up the peering.  I was
working for a large dial-up ISP at the time and remember getting call after
call about someone not being able to reach their favorite web-site.

Cogent tech support has always been top notch.  They answer the phone and I
have always been directed to an engineer that can help right away.  As of 6
months ago their ticketing system still sucked, but I think everyone’s does.
LOL.

This is my on-list stuff. I can go into more detail if anyone wants to know.

Justin Wilson j...@mtin.net
http://www.mtin.net
Managed Services – xISP Solutions – Data Centers
http://www.thebrotherswisp.com
Podcast about xISP topics
http://www.midwest-ix.com
Peering – Transit – Internet Exchange