I personally find it amusing that companies try to have it both ways.

"We are huge, you should use us instead of $LITTLE_GUY because our resources &
scale make us better able to handle things. Oh, what, you want IPv6? We're too
big to do that quickly...."

But hey, I would try the same thing in their position.

--
TTFN,
patrick

> On Feb 24, 2015, at 13:15 , Ca By <cb.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Blair Trosper <blair.tros...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have an unimpeachable source at AWS that assures me they're working hard
>> to deploy IPv6.  As it was explained to me, since AWS was sort of first to
>> the table -- well before IPv6 "popped", they had designed everything on the
>> v4 only.  Granted, you can get an IPv6 ELB, but only in EC2 classic, which
>> they're phasing out.
>>
>> But I'm assured they're rushing IPv6 deployment of CloudFront and other
>> services as fast as they can.  I'm assured of this.
>>

> talk is cheap.  I suggest people use Cloudflare or Akamai for proper IPv6
> CDN reach to major IPv6 eyeball networks at AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, and
> T-Mobile US -- all of which have major ipv6 deployments
>
> http://www.worldipv6launch.org/measurements/
>

>> But you also have to appreciate the hassle of retrofitting a cloud
>> platform of that scale, so I do not envy the task that AWS is undertaking.
>>

> work is hard
>

>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Owen DeLong <o...@delong.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Amazon is not the only public cloud.
>>>
>>> There are several public clouds that can support IPv6 directly.
>>>
>>> I have done some work for and believe these guys do a good job:
>>>
>>> Host Virtual (vr.org <http://vr.org/>)
>>>

>>> In no particular order and I have no relationship with or loyalty or
>>> benefit associated with any of them. I neither endorse, nor decry any of
>>> the following:
>>>
>>> Linode
>>> SoftLayer