Lorzenzo is probably not going to post anymore because of this.

It looks to me like Lorenzo wants the same thing as most everyone here, aside
from the university net nazis, and he's got some balls to come defend his
position against the angry old men of NANOG.  Perhaps the approach of attacking
DHCP is not the right one, but it sounds like his goal is to make IPv6 better
than how IPv4 turned out.

Things like privacy extensions, multiple addresses and PD are great because
they make it harder for people to do address based tracking, which is generally
regarded as a desirable feature except by the people who want to do the
tracking.  DHCPv6 is a crutch that allows operators to simply implement IPv6
with all the same hacks as IPv4 and continue to do address based access
control, tracking, etc.  It's like a 'goto' statement - it can be used to do
clever things, but it can also be used to hack stuff and create very hard to
fix problems down the road.  I think what Lorenzo is trying to do is to use his
influence/position to forcefully prevent people from doing this, and while that
may not be the most diplomatic way, I admire his courage in posting here and
trying to reason with the mob.

-Laszlo