On Jun 11, 2015, at 9:06 PM, Karl Auer <ka...@biplane.com.au> wrote:

>> You don't get to just say "I'm not going to implement this because I don't
>> agree with it," which is what Google is doing in the case of Android.
>
> Actually, you DO get to just say that. Anyone can, but especially
> something as big as Google. And if DHCPv6 turns out to be important
> enough to enough people, Android will lose market share and either fork,
> die or change its mind. It wouldn't be the first mobile platform to
> disappear into the sludge of history.

Sadly, there is another side to this. Witness how the DMARC crew are destroying
the functionality of email as we have known it for decades. Sometimes the 800
pound gorillas DO have the ability to fsck things over for everyone.

--lyndon

P.S.  But it is the mindless-sheep-like behaviour that lets them.  So instead I
should be complaining to the masses who are incapable of thinking for
themselves?  We know how well *that* works ...