That's only an issue if you distribute a public IPv4 address to each customer.
If you use private addressing in the core, ordinary NAT works if you're not a
carrier-grade provider, and even then it can be practical in many cases. CGN is
a solution for providers not willing to migrate to a private core.

 -mel beckman