On 02/10/2015 04:52, Curtis Maurand wrote:
If Time Warner (my ISP) put up IPv6  tomorrow, my firewall would no longer
work.  I could put up a pfsnse or vyatta  box pretty quickly, but my off the
shelf Cisco/Linksys  home router has no ipv6 support hence the need to replace
the hardware.  There's no firmware update for it supporting ipv6 either.  There
would be millions of people in the same boat.

There should be a software for your box which supports IPv6 - DD-WRT or anything similar. However I agree that it is not a solutions for millions of Johnny Sixpacks.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka