Welcome to the real world ...

Cisco SUP720-3BXL
Cisco RSP720-3BXL

and even the new and shiny SUP2T only supports 1 Mio routes (dicvided to IPv4
MPLS, IPv4 VRF, IPv4 global routes, etc).

I guess this is still the truth: there are at least a few ten thousand of these
devices running big parts of the internet. Take a look at some big players
network - e.g. Level3. Their customer access routers in Slovakia, Austria and
Germany are still based on the Cisco 6500/7600 platform.

Of course there are many other vendors and platforms available which do NOT
have this limitations. But there are also at least a ton of vendors on the
market with exactly the same limitation :(.

best regards

Jürgen Jaritsch
Head of Network & Infrastructure

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

Telefon: +43-5-0556-300
Telefax: +43-5-0556-500

E-Mail: jjarit...@anexia-it.com
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Windbichler